Easily create your own DVLA number plate
It’s our promise, the process could not be easier!
- Create Your Own using either of the two plate design formats above and buy online.
- The official DVLA certificate will be sent to you within 4-5 days (or we can transfer for you, just add the ‘DVLA transfer service’ to your order on the secure reg purchase page before checkout
- We can arrange the actual number plates & deliver to you (just add/tick ‘Perspex number plates’ when placing your order)
Transferring to a vehicle is easy, similar to taxing your car online. This can be done up to 10 years after purchase if you do not want to assign straight away, are in the process of purchasing a new vehicle, or perhaps buying as a gift
Make your DVLA Number Plates in four easy steps:
There are over 50 MILLION previously unissued goverment (DVLA registrations) available.
- Choose a format suitable for your vehicle (Prefix or Current)
- Select a “prefix” letter or a pair of “current” letters. (I, O, Q, Z not available for Prefix)
- Select a number from 1 to 31 or a higher number or multiple of ten (40,50,60 etc +,33,44, 55, 100, 200 etc)
- Select the letters you require and hit the search button. Many people will pick their initials but you may be able to abbreviate your name like CRG for Craig, JAS for Jason or RUS for Russell.
Simply enter your choice of letters and numbers into the search boxes and scan the huge database of available number plates. Whether you choose from the DVLA’s ‘current plate’ format (CR68 REG), or the older ‘PREFIX plate’ format (X6 JDW), you can be sure of getting an original new number plate never before used in the UK.
All personalised number plates purchased from here will be issued on a valid DVLA registrations certificate of entitlement in approximately 4 days, OR you can hold the personalised plate on the registration certificate provided for up to 10 years. We have sold tens of thousands of DVLA number plates over the years. They make perfect gifts for any occasion with prices starting from only £155 plus VAT and DVLA Fee.
Which registration is ok for my car?
Please Note: It is not possible to use a personalised registration to make a vehicle appear newer, e.g. to use a 2008 “08” plate on a 2006 vehicle. However, there are no restrictions on using an older number plate or the same age as the vehicle for which it is registered – You can use a historic (dateless) 1903 number plate on a brand new vehicle, fresh out of the showroom or on a 1960’s, 70’s or 80’s classic!
The rule is simple, If the vehicle was first registered from September 2001 (51 reg) onwards, you can choose from both of the above PREFIX or CURRENT plate styles but If your vehicle is older than Sept 2001, then just select PREFIX or search our cherished numbers and look at dateless, or suffix as both will also be suitable. Dateless number plates are usually much more costly. If you are unsure , give us a call!
Cherished number plates
These are special dateless, previously issued rare and sought after registrations. We have thousands of cherished number plates available (many are our own stock and can not be bought anywhere else) ranging from original 1903 cherished numbers up to the current issue plates. Often the more sought after current plates are ones which have are able to make words & names. Prices start from around £500 with some very desirable marks worth in excess of £200,000. Use our Smart Search at the top of the page to search for a cherished number plate.