You Can Trust CarReg
There are many reasons to trust CarReg.
- Long established - Trading over 30 years, since 1988!
- Experienced, knowledgeable and professional staff - Deal with the same person throughout your transaction.
- Secure, certified online payment processing provided by Secure Trading. Finance provided by Novuna Personal Finance.
- Members of all trade bodies. Recognised reseller of DVLA registrations and a registered DVLA number plates supplier.
- 100% money back guarantee in the unlikely event of a failed personal number plate transfer.
Over the years we have gained a great amount of respect and credibility supplying the public and the number plate trade. Your private plate information is always held securely in accordance with our internal security policy and internet GDPR & PCIDSS compliance law.
Most private number plates purchased from us can be provided on a DVLA Registration Certificate (Certificate of Entitlement V750 or Retention Document V778).
We continually monitor our service by asking customers if and where we can improve. It is very important to us that our clients and customers have the best possible experience when buying or selling with CarReg. Many of our customers have taken the time to review us on independent review site TrustPilot (over 8,500 reviews! - see below) as well as on the CarReg Facebook page and on Google.
For our credibility and for your total security, CarReg private number plates are proud members of all trade bodies. This means we have to abide by very strict codes of practice, providing the highest standards of service to benefit you, the customer. All of these groups have regular dialogue with DVLA Swansea regarding topics that affect the Cherished Number Plate industry.
- CNG (Cherished Numbers Guild) - Trade organisation formed in 2015 to provide customer confidence when purchasing a cherished number and to enhance and protect member’s interests in the industry. The CNG ensures its members operate to the highest standards in the cherished number plate industry at all times.
- MIRAD (Members Institute of Registration Agents & Dealers) - MIRAD was established in the early 90’s to help provide consumer confidence and to give customers a helpline to assist with any issues that may arise, or queries customers may have before or during a purchase.
- RNC (Registration Numbers club) - An independent nationwide club dedicated to the right to hold and transfer a cherished vehicle registration mark. They hold annual rallys where owners can show off their prized assets on their vehicles.
- FSB (Federation of Small Businesses) - The UK’s largest campaigning pressure group promoting and protecting the interests of the self-employed and owners of small firms.
Beware! Some private number plate dealers are not members of any trade associations. We have been in business for over 3 decades and have thousands of 5-star reviews with a solid reputation for honesty and reliability.
DVLA Registered Number Plate Suppliers
To sell number plates legally, organisations are required to be registered with the DVLA. The DVLA Register of Number Plate Suppliers (RNPS) exists to prevent the sale and use of number plates that do not conform to the necessary legal requirements and to ensure that all registrations sold are registered correctly. You can verify our registration with the DVLA here. All registrations purchased can be provided on a certificate issued by the DVLA.
After purchasing a private reg from us, we provide a DVLA certificate within around five working days along with simple transfer instructions so you can transfer your new registration to your vehicle the same day. The physical number plates (if you opt for them) are dispatched directly from our manufacturer. You can also keep the number for up to 10 years on the original certificate, prior to assigning to a vehicle.