You Can Trust Us - 100%
There are many reasons to trust CarReg: We are a well established company with dedicated premises central to the UK motorway network. Our staff are experienced, knowledgeable and professional. For your protection we use a secure, certified online payment processing provided by secure trading & Hitachi finance. We are members of all Governing bodies a recognised reseller of DVLA registrations and a registered DVLA number plates supplier.
We provide a 100% money back guarantee in the unlikely event of a failed personal number plate transfer. Over the years we have gained lots of respect and credibility supplying the public and the number plate trade. Many private number plate traders approach CarReg for valuations. Your private plate information will be held securely in accordance with our internal security policy and internet law. All private number plates purchased from us can be provided on a DVLA Registration Certificate (Certificate of Entitlement V750 or Retention Document V778).
We constantly monitor our service by asking customers if and where we can improve. It is very important to us that our clients and customers have the best possible experience when buying or selling with CarReg. We receive a large number of thank you emails and letters from satisfied customers who have been delighted with our services. Many of our customers have taken the time to review us on independent websites such as Review Centre and TrustPilot. We invite you to click on those links to read all about us and we hope that soon it will be you submitting your own review.
Members of all Industry Bodies
For our credibility and for your total security, CarReg private number plates are proud members of ALL trade governing bodies. This means we have to abide by very strict codes of practice which will of course safe guard you the customer. All of these groups have regular dialogue with DVLA Swansea regarding topics that affect the Cherished Number Plate industry.
- CNDA (Cherished Numbers Dealers Association) - Part of the RMI (Retail Motor Industry Federation), the CNDA was established in 1971 to represent reputable and responsible dealers in vehicle registration numbers (also known as plates or marks), and to protect the interests of their customers. CNDA members adhere to a strict code of conduct.
- CNG (Cherished Numbers Guild) - A relatively new group formed in 2015, to provide customer confidence when purchasing a cherished number and to enhance and protect member’s interests but to ensure they maintain the highest standards in the cherished number plate industry.
- MIRAD (Members Institute of Registration Agents & Dealers) - MIRAD was established in the early 1990′s to protect customers and operates a helpline to assist with any cherished number plate purchase related issues with its members and find a speedy resolution to any case.
- RNC (Registration Numbers club) - An independent nationwide club dedicated to the right to hold and transfer a cherished vehicle registration mark. They hold annual rallys where owners can show off their prized assets on their vehicles.
- FSB (Federation of Small Businesses) - The UK’s largest campaigning pressure group promoting and protecting the interests of the self-employed and owners of small firms.
BEWARE: Some private number plate dealers are not members of any trade governing bodies and can offer little security whereas CarReg have been in business for 30 years and have thousands of 5 Star reviews. You are 100% safe and secure.
DVLA Registered Number Plate Suppliers
To sell number plates legally you are required to be registered with the DVLA. The Register of Number Plate Suppliers (RNPS) exists to prevent the sale and use of number plates that do not conform to the necessary legal requirements and to ensure that all registrations sold are registered correctly. You can verify our registration with the DVLA here. All number plates and car registrations purchased here are provided on a certificate issued by DVLA Swansea.
After purchasing a private reg from us, we provide a DVLA certificate within a few working days along with simple transfer information is provided so you can transfer your new registration to your vehicle the same day and plates are dispatched directly from our manufacturer. You can also keep the number for up to 10 years on the original certificate, prior to assigning to a vehicle.